Sunday, 13 December 2020

 Fractions in Food

I am going to teach fractions during my long practicum so I delved into how to make my lessons more interesting and less boring.  I first find the game "Bingo" which I believe will be really interesting in grade 8 class.  Then when thinking of mathematical food, inevitably I was thinking about fractions again.  I think I can have some chocolate or cheese crackers to bring to the class and teach the children fractions by using these food.  There is even a book talking about how to teach fractions through the use of chocolate, called "The Hershey's Fraction Book".

As for the math games I think I am going to play tangrams.  Tangrams is the topic of my final art work in Mathematics for Teachers  (442).  When choosing the topic, I didn't realize that the tangrams will bring such an enriched mathematical learning experience to our students.  It is such an amazing puzzle that I will definitely use in my math classroom in the future. 




1 comment:

 Updated Unit Plan ( Assignment 3 Final)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKW2S592vce-lF_d3Idx1KA6_AmDBMIF/view?usp=sharing