Tuesday, 17 November 2020

Reflection on Microteaching For the Monday mircoteaching, I have the follwoing comment about my performance: 1. I have read my classmates' comment. Most of them felt the acitivity was good but they wanted to have a clearer instruction. I actually have thought the feasiblity of this proof activity. I couldn't think a better activity for Pythagorean theorem but obviously there are constraints for doing it online. I was imaging how would I set up this one in a real classroom evnironment. I would still not giving out answers before the students start to cut the squares and try to figure it out themselves. However, I would give out papers with the 3 squared drawed for the students to save time and maintain accuracy. I will also walk around in the classroom and help students out or give some hints. Since yesterday's lesson was online, I couldn't prepare the papers and scissors for my classmates, and in addition, time is another constraint for this activity becuase just cut the 3 squares will take a very long time. 2. Good part about the microteaching was I wasn't very nervous. Maybe it was becuase the classmates were very active during yesterday's class teaching and we were talking and chatting in between each group. I felt very relaxed and didn't feel nervous at all. 3. I need to remind myself next time I need to repeat myself and make sure instructions are clear and concise to avoid confustion.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflections, Ivy. And yes, this would be quite different if we could do it in person, rather than all online!

    ReplyDelete

 Updated Unit Plan ( Assignment 3 Final)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKW2S592vce-lF_d3Idx1KA6_AmDBMIF/view?usp=sharing