Saturday, 12 September 2020



 

Blog 1

It really strikes me after reading this article. I realized that I am very used to instrumental learning when I study mathematics. The first thing makes me stop reading is when the author talks about the concept of mismatch using the example of “football” game.  When each team plays its imaginary game, it would think its counterpart is “crazy” and “a lot of foul players”.  It this is accepted as truth, then the game should be decided before it has even begun!  It follows the second interesting point which is the teacher and student’s mismatch.  A teacher who promotes relational teaching technique is not satisfied when an instrumental learning style student is exhibited by the student and vice versa. The third thing makes me stop reading is when the author talks about the advantages of teaching instrumentally AND relational mathematics.  With these handy suggestions in mind, it will be beneficial to apply thoughtful teaching methods according to the learning styles of the students with the nature of the mathematical concepts.




1 comment:

 Updated Unit Plan ( Assignment 3 Final)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKW2S592vce-lF_d3Idx1KA6_AmDBMIF/view?usp=sharing